The Top 5 Pro Scooter Brands Of 2022
Move over toy scooters: Pro scooters are taking the world by storm!
Also known as Trick Scooters, Stunt Scooters, and Freestyle Scooters, pro scooters are stronger and more durable than their leisurely counterparts and are built for bigger tricks and more airtime.
But before you run out to buy a new pro scooter, it’s important to understand what to look for to ensure you are getting a quality product.
This is especially true if you plan on enduring jumps and hard landings with your new scooter!
What Should I Look For In a Pro Scooter?Before we talk about the best pro scooter brands, let’s look at the things you should take into consideration when buying one:
- Scooter Grips: If you plan on freestyle riding and doing tricks, you want to make sure there are strong grips on the handle. The last thing you want is to land a backflip and have your hands slip away from the handles!
- Scooter Bars: There are two types of bars you can choose from, steel and aluminum, and your choice depends on your personal preferences. Steel is more stable but aluminum makes the scooter more lightweight.
- Scooter Fork: The most important component of a pro scooter is the fork, which comes in threaded or threadless. This is the piece that connects your bars, deck, and front wheels.
- Scooter Deck: The scooter deck is the main piece of the scooter that holds your weight and the other parts of the scooter. It needs to be sturdy and durable. As far as the style, width, and length go - that’s a matter of personal preference.
- Height and Weight: Unlike regular scooters, pro scooters usually do not have adjustable handlebars, so you need to make sure it’s the right size for you and that you’re not hunched over. The weight of your scooter will impact your riding experience with lightweight scooters being the best for stunts and tricks.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s check out those top brands!
The Top Pro Scooter Brands You Should Check Out:
With so many choices out there when it comes to pro scooters, it’s important to choose a brand that offers a strong and durable design that is lightweight and easy to handle.
Here are Boardom’s top five picks of pro scooter brands and models:
Their Havoc Hoss Pro Scooter is designed for more street-styled riders. It features a 5.3” wide concave deck, aluminum knockouts, and aluminum bar ends.
This pro scooter is perfect for larger and mature riders because of its high-quality design and sturdy materials.
- 22” x 5.3” Deck
- 27” x 24” Bars
- Heat Treated Aluminum Fork
- 110mm Full Core High Rebound Wheels
- Total Weight: 9.7 lbs (4.4 kg)
The Envy Prodigy Pro Scooter is both stylish and functional with a 4.7” wide deck and a variety of painted or dipped finish options.
It also features taller bars, swirled grips, and newly designed rear and front deck inserts. You’ll also find a nylon flex brake that minimizes noise.
- 19.5” x 4.72” Deck
- 24.5” x 20.5” Aluminum Bars
- 120mm Wheels
- Total Weight: 7.7 lbs (3.5 kg)
- Best for Beginner to Intermediate
The Lucky CREW Pro Scooter is a great budget scooter where you can really get the best bang for your buck! This pro scooter is designed to withstand harsh rides, giant tricks, and flair combos.
- 19” x 4.5” Deck
- 23” x 22” Aluminum Kink Bars
- Hardened Steel and Tig Welded Fork
- 110mm Torsion Wheels
- Total Weight: 7 lbs (3.1 kg)
- Best for Beginners
The Phoenix Pilot Pro Scooter is a high-quality lightweight scooter that you can score for a great price!
This scooter is perfectly designed for trick-riding with its high-end parts and its sleek design.
- 19.5” x 4.5” Deck
- Reinforced Hi-Tensile Steel Fork
- 22” x 20” Steel Handlebars
- 110 mm Alloy Wheels
- Total Weight: 9 lbs (4 kg)
- Best for Beginners
For entry-level pro scooters, the Fuzion Z300 is an awesome choice!
The down tube/neck on the deck is reinforced for strength but is positioned flush to the front of the deck for performing tricks. Its solid components are great for beginners as well as those with some scooter experience!
- 19.5” x 4.75” Deck
- 22” x 24” Steel Bars
- 110 mm Wheels
- Best for Beginners to Intermediate
Ready to Get Started?
Boredom is proud to offer an awesome selection of pro scooters, decks, and accessories to make your experience more thrilling!
If you have any questions at all about pro scooters or any other products, don’t hesitate to get in touch!